Dry needling Vs Acupuncture
Dry Needling…that’s Acupuncture right?
Well technically they are similar as they both:
- Use thin monofilament needles
- Aim to provide pain relief
Apart from the above, they are quite different.
- Needles are inserted directly into the tender area (e.g. muscles)
- This eases tension in the surrounding musculature
- Promotes blood flow to the area
- Facilitates the healing process
- Is a treatment modality used in Chinese Medicine, one of the oldest health practices to date
- Restores natural flow of balance by normalising energy (‘qi’) and blood
- Stops unwanted blockages along the pathways (‘meridians’)
- Holistic approach, combining body, mind and spirit